Thursday, November 19, 2020

Alive And Screamin'

Last year I became kind of obsessed with Krokus. They were one of those early bands that got me hooked on heavy metal, but I hadn't really listened to them since 1985, when I started chasing bands that were louder, faster and heavier. By chance, I happened to stumble upon their Hardware album when I was digging through the used bins at one of record stores in town, and I bought it on a whim. That shit sent me down a Krokus rabbit hole, and I spent a lot of time in 2019 rediscovering those 80's albums from the band.
I'd done a decent job last year building up my Krokus collection, but once 2020 hit, I started to focus on other things. Recently, however, I got to thinking about the band again, and I didn't want to close out this year without buying a single Krokus record. I started looking at what I was missing, and while I'm not big on live albums, I still needed the Alive And Screamin' record from '86.
This is a solid live disc from the band, with a good mix of songs... especially since checking their '86 setlist from when they opened for Judas Priest's Turbo tour, it shows Krokus playing four fucking cover songs in their nine song set...so it is good to see them doing all originals here for this live album. As a bonus, this live set includes Lay Me Down, which I don't believe showed up on any of their studio albums, so it is cool to have it here.

No comments: