Thursday, May 21, 2020

Worn Thin Road Ahead

Shortly after the US started issuing Stay At Home orders, Youngblood Records ran a 50% off sale in their webstore. I remembered seeing a Justice test press in the store a couple weeks ago, and quickly jumped in with hopes of scoring a good deal. Unfortunately, someone got to that test press for the Escapades record before me, but since there was a Worn Thin test still available, I wasn't walking away empty handed.

I don't really spend a lot of time or money chasing test pressings these days. I have plenty of other records to focus on chasing, however when a good deal comes along, I'm not going to let it pass me by...and since Long Road Ahead is my favorite Worn Thin record, it just made good sense to grab this when I had the chance.

No special cover for this test. Just a Youngblood test press sticker in the lower corner and stamped record labels.

Limited to 18 test pressings.

Once I had the test press for Long Road Ahead, I was only missing the record release pressing. When I discovered that a Discogs seller had one available for only $10, I snapped it up and completed the collection for this 12 inch.

I've always loved the look of this spray painted record release cover, and as an unexpected bonus, it happens to turn 15 years old this month.

Not including the test pressings for the 7 inches, I think that I'm only missing the record release cover for the first 7 inch. Close enough to complete to warrant a group photo.

2 comments:

mcs said...

I'm bummed I missed out on this one. I guess I was in too much of a hurry to check the fuck out with my Justice 'Escapades' test press before some fool stole it from under me!

Mike said...

Ha ha ha...one day we will fight to the death.