Thursday, May 03, 2018

Burn, Baby, Burn

When Fireburn released their Don't Stop The Youth EP last year, I initially resisted the hype. Everyone was losing their shit over it, so I got stubborn and refused to pay it any attention...I can be stupid and jaded like that sometimes. Thankfully, I was able to shake that off, and by the end of the year I finally broke down and checked them out. The band delivers the goods and lived up to the hype...well, minus that reggae song and the dub turd...but other than that, I was impressed.

When it was announced that Fireburn had a two song EP due to be released in 2018, again I was skeptical. I don't know why I'm so resistant to this band, and assumed they would miss the mark with this 7 inch, but happily I was proven wrong again.

I can't get enough of the songs on this Shine EP (two on the vinyl, but three with the digital download).

The metallic gold and silver colored vinyl is more limited, but that is the shittiest look for records, so I skipped them and went for the red vinyl instead. 500 pressed.

No comments: