Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Dio-cember: Part 8 - Mystery

I hated to break up the Dio-cember posts, but there was one record that arrived a little later than the rest. Now, before the end of the month, we can wrap up this blast of an obsession.

During my Dio vinyl obsession, I discovered the world of the promo 12 inch. They don't really bring anything new to the table, and outside of just being a collectible for the completist, they are rather pointless...but still...with that unique cover design, I was drawn to them. I was chasing a couple more of the 12 inch promos to wrap up this series of posts, but in the end I only walked away with the Mystery promo.

Like the other promos that I picked up, this is the same song on both sides. Oddly, I love the continuity of the plain white back cover.

As I mentioned at the start of my Dio-cember series, it was memories of my Dio collection photo from last years January Record A Day challenge on Instagram that ignited this recent obsession. There were holes that needed to be be filled, and I was on a mission to make some progress. This Dio spending spree did the job, and while I still have a couple of high priced records still missing (namely Strange Highways and Magica), I made some good progress this month. That being said, it was time to update the collection photo.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Great collection pic. Can't have been easy to assemble if your collection is organised by year!
Also funny how I have still to this day never listened to a single Black Sabbath record after 'Sabotage'.

Mike said...

It was not easy as I tried to get all of them together and not miss any...which I did, and left a colored vinyl pressing for Rainbow's Rising out of the photo, which I realized once I'd started putting them all back on the shelf. Also, I'm running out of available floor space to lay them all out, so I'm not sure what I'll do if I have to take this picture again.