Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Dio-cember: Part 5 - TV Crimes

After picking up a number of records from the Dio band, I wanted to hit some of the other bands that Ronnie James Dio was in...first and foremost, Black Sabbath.

In 1992, Dio reunited with Black Sabbath after a 10 year split, and released the Dehumanizer album. Obviously it ruled. I wasn't following Metal at the time, but I consider myself very fortunate to have seen the third Dio reunion with the Sabbath guys in 2007 when they were going by the name Heaven & Hell. They played a couple songs from the Dehumanizer record on that tour, and it absolutely melted my face.

Vinyl was on a fast track out of town when Dehumanizer was released, so I was surprised to discover that Sabbath released a single on vinyl from the album. The first single, Master Of Insanity, only saw a CD release, but with TV Crimes, we got both 7 inch and 12 inch formats.

Neither Sabbath or Dio would release a vinyl single again...unless you count the ridiculously rare Age Of Reason 7 inch from 2014.

I suppose that I should have gone after the 12 inch format, but with the 7 inch available from a US seller at a cheap price, I took the easy way out.

Nice fold out poster cover.

No comments: