Monday, December 18, 2017

Back To The Roots Of Accept

When I first started going to concerts back in 1985, the first band that I saw, where I didn't know any of their songs, was Accept. They were opening for Iron Maiden, who were on their World Slavery Tour, and being a fourteen year old kid with no means to buy every album that I wanted, I went to the show completely blind on who Accept were. They tore up the stage with a ton of energy, loud guitars and screaming vocals, and watching them from the back of the arena, I was sold on their live show. Shortly after that concert, I got myself to the record store, and picked up their Metal Heart album on vinyl. It was another giant leap forward down the path of becoming a diehard metalhead.

Accept's original singer, Udo Dirkschneider, recorded his last album with the band in 1996, and has since been focusing on his own band, U.D.O., that he started back in '87.

As one final nod to his Accept days, Udo took his solo band on the road to play a nostalgia setlist full of nothing but those old songs that he recorded with Accept. This of course lead to a live album release.

Sure, I was kind of interested in checking out the live record...but honestly, I struggled to justify parting with the money for the triple LP set. I had higher priorities that I wanted to spend my money on, and live albums do not command that kind of attention from me. However, I had a change of heart when I saw the album in clearance bin at my local store for $15. That was too good a deal to pass up.

No comments: