Sunday, December 10, 2017

Dio-cember: Part 7 - Die Young

I had to take the past few days off from blogging, but now we can return to our regularly scheduled postings of Dio-cember. The series is winding down, but before I completely wrapped things up, I wanted to finally cross off one of the classic Black Sabbath singles.

Sabbath released four or five singles from 1980 through 1981 while Dio was originally in the band. Despite the fact that I could listen to both Heaven And Hell and Mob Rules everyday, and not get tired of those albums, I didn't own any of the singles from this period. Since I was neck deep in a Dio obsession, I figured that it was time to finally make a move. Finding the Die Young 12 inch from a US seller, and in excellent condition at a decent price, made the choice easier.

Black Sabbath singles don't really offer anything new...no rare exclusive b-side studio tracks or anything cool like that...most often it is just a live recording of a song...so there has been no real push for me to rush and pick them up. I still want them though...because I'm a record collector, and buying things that I don't really need is kind of my purpose in life.

No comments: