Monday, December 04, 2017

Dio-cember: Part 4 - The Last In Line Promo

After picking up the last live Dio album on my Want List, and then picking up a couple of studio albums that I was missing, I started to look around to see what other records I could pick up to expand the collection. I was really happy with my progress so far, but I was far from done, and wanted more.

I'm missing a few early Dio singles, so I started checking out what was available on Discogs. I was checking the different variations with the Last In Line single, and I came across this record with a red cover that I'd never seen before. I was fascinated with it, and while I continued my search, my mind kept coming back to this record. This wasn't a regular single, but a promo that would have been available to radio stations to help promote the release of the album. The was nothing new here...just the album version of The Last In Line, plus a radio edit of the same song...but since I'd never seen that cover before, I was infatuated with it, and had to own it.

The problem was, Discogs didn't currently have a copy available...and with a sales history that showed only three copies moving through Discogs, I was worried that they may not come around very often. I did manage to find a copy on eBay, but man, it was listed with a price that was way too high. I struggled with it for a week or so, but in the end, I wanted it bad enough that I paid the ridiculous price for it. I know it was a stupid and impulsive move, but I'm happy to have it in the collection.

No comments: