Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Vigilante

I don't follow Six Feet Under releases religiously...half of the stuff the label puts out, I have zero interest in. When they posted preorders for a new 12 inch EP for some Australian band called Vigilante, I barely gave it a passing glance.

Back in March, I was looking to place an order with the label, and wanted to add something extra to my cart. I saw the Vigilante 12 inch, and begrudgingly took a trip over the Six Feet Under's bandcamp page to preview the release. 30 seconds into the first song, I was back to the SFU store and buying a copy.

The record was promoted as having an early New York Hardcore influence, and while the chorus for the title track really reminds me of Agnostic Front's Growing Concern, I can't help but compare Vigilante to early Justice. There were many times during this record that I kept expecting them to throw out a "2...3...Justice!".

Overall this was a great surprise for the year.

2 comments:

Across Your Face said...

This is very tempting

xReganx said...

Amazing band, everyone should buy this record!