Tuesday, July 16, 2013

All Or Nothing

I keep throwing a lot of money at Revelation Records. Typically this is for vinyl re-issues, so it felt good to finally buy something new.

Down To Nothing have a new LP coming out soon from REV, and as a bit of a teaser they released this Greetings From Richmond Virginia 7 inch. This has two songs from the forthcoming album and one exclusive track. Man, I hate these fucking things. It bothers me to spend the money for just one song, and I wish that record labels would stop with this shitty gimmick. What is the real point to these things?

I was so bothered by this 7 inch, that originally I threw my hands up in disgust and only ordered the yellow vinyl. When I saw Marcus' post with all three copies, I threw my convictions aside and placed another order for the white and black vinyl.

So for all my complaining, here I sit with three copies of this record. Why? One reason is because it is Down To Nothing, and as long as the record isn't called Hem Hem, I'll buy multiple copies of it...the second is because it is REV colored vinyl...and the third is that I'll buy whatever Marcus tells me to.

520 pressed on yellow vinyl, 526 on white, and 550 on black.

1 comment:

mcs said...

You'll buy whatever I tell you to... unless you've spent up this month on Orchid records... which currently seems to be pretty much every month.