Sunday, July 07, 2013

Random Foundations

No self restraint. Zero. None whatsoever. I've been doing a terrible job of limiting my record spending this year. At the start of the new year, I told myself I was going to be more focused, and I wasn't going spend my money frivolously...I was going to avoid those random repressings, and not fall into the trap of buying each and every pressing for most of the records that I buy. Six Feet Under repressed Foundation's Hang Your Head record, and all that talk of showing restraint when right out the window.

Hang Your Head was originally pressed as a 7 inch back in 2009, and Six Feet Under recently took the opportunity to add in the songs from the self titled 7 inch from 2008, and press it as an LP.

The prefer the 12 inch format over the 7 inch, but I don't know if that fact alone would have me purchasing this record. No, what sold me is that they were pressed on random colored vinyl, and SFU promised to send different looking copies to those that ordered more than one. So what did I do? I ordered three copies, of course.

I know that I've been burned by the "random vinyl" gimmick before, but thankfully I had better luck this time around.

Sure, the pinkish and purplish clear vinyl are pretty similar, but I'm still satisfied with the variety from SFU. If I see another variant from this pressing, chances are high that I'll be interested in buying it. No self restraint.

2 comments:

Across Your Face said...

Buying three random colors.... damn bro that is pretty over the top! haha I avoid random color vinyl like the plague for this very reason

Mike said...

I was hoping to get a nice cross section of the colors, but I'm sure that I saw some green vinyl in the mix when SFU posted a picture with preorders. I want.