Monday, July 29, 2013

These City Streets Are Red With Violence

There has been a lot of hype this year around Violent Reaction. I wasn't too familiar with the band when Painkiller announced that preorders were going to be going up soon, but I knew that if I slept on it, I would regret it. I made sure that I was one of the first in line, and insured my copy on colored vinyl.

I'm glad that I followed the hype train on this release, because this record rips. This is a great Straight Edge record, with a strong early 80's Boston Hardcore influence.

There has been a lot of talk over the past couple of months, that Violent Reaction may top The Rival Mob for record of the year. The jury is still out on that verdict, but now whenever I listen the the City Streets LP, I immediately follow it up with the Mob Justice LP, in an effort to figure out which one I like more. Violent Reaction are Straight Edge, so that helps their case to be number one, but no one can fuck with Rival Mob's Brutes Of Force. It is going to be a tough call at the end of the year.

3 comments:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Don't you know Mike that anyone who matters has a plain old black version of this record??!! Hehehe

Mike said...

I'll have to make sure keep my eyes open on eBay, and try and score one. ;)

Doug W said...

Better than The Rival Mob?!?!? Fuck that shit. That's just ridiculous.
I realize that it has been a pretty lean year for hardcore but this is pretty lame stuff. I just hate most anything that even has a sniff of English oi or punk in it.
That's just me.