Thursday, July 18, 2013

True Colors In Moscow

There was a time when I was hot to build my True Colors collection. Man, I loved that band, and they had so many variations and special tour covers that it was a collector's wet dream. Their final EP, Consider It Done, was Straight Edge perfection, but when they broke up in 2010, I started listening to other newer bands, and kind of forgot about True Colors.

Recently, Control Records announced that they were repressing the final EP on 12 inch vinyl. Even though it had been a while since I'd thought about collecting TC records, I couldn't resist a new pressing, and stepped up to be one of the first in line when they were made available.

Packaged in a black DJ sleeve with a simple sticker up in the corner.

Listening to this EP now, I'm reminded why I loved this band so much. Flawless.

50 were pressed with a red insert for mailorder, while another 50 had the orange insert from their recent reunion show in Moscow. A total of only 100 pressed.

Geert from Control also threw in a free copy of the Inherit 7 inch the label released last year. I wasn't very impressed with what I'd heard from the band when it was released, and my opinion hasn't changed. Metallic Hardcore...probably good for what it is, but what it is, isn't my thing.

1 comment:

Wade said...

im so bummed i missed out on this