Saturday, May 05, 2012

I Don't Care About You

Lately, I've had very little time for anything outside of Hardcore. More specifically, I haven't been able to get enough of those early 80's bands. I'm finding very little time for Metal and Hard Rock, which is now taking a backseat to bands like Black Flag, Circle Jerks, and Articles Of Faith. Since the early 80's are dominating my daily playlists, it only seemed fitting to hit up ebay for one of those classics that I've been missing from my collection.

Typically, I'm okay with second pressing or re-issues, and I could have easily gone to my local record store and picked up the 2007 re-issue of Fear's classic LP, The Record. That wasn't going to work for me this time around. For this record, I needed the original 1982 pressing on Slash Records. I checked the discogs page for Fear, found the info that I was looking for, and started my ebay search. $13 later, I had an original pressing coming my way.

Is this record offensive? My ultra-PC early 90's self would think so. Nowadays, I don't wind myself up so tight. The early 80's were a different time, and while it doesn't make homophobia okay, I can still recognize how great bands like Fear, The Meatmen, and Angry Samoans were. If you don't agree, you're probably from 'Frisco.


No comments: