Thursday, May 17, 2012

Children Of The Grave

Back when I was listening to a lot of Doom Metal and 70's Hard Rock like Blue Oyster Cult, I was hearing a bunch of hype for a band called Graveyard. I downloaded their two albums, but they didn't really jump out and grab me so I didn't really stick with them. Six months went by and I found myself down in Boston for the Ghost/Blood Ceremony show...I figured that I'll give Graveyard's Hisingen Blues album one last chance, so I queue it up in my ipod. Some albums you just need to be in the mood for, and that night I was blown away listening to it. I finally understood the hype, and I promised myself that the next day I'd track down the colored vinyl for this LP. The problem was, I was too late. Everywhere that I had seen the colored vinyl six months ago, were now all sold out.

Graveyard's self titled first album isn't as strong as Hisingen Blues, but it is still pretty solid. Since I couldn't find the album that I was looking for, I settle for the band's first one. I had to pick it up before that one sells out as well.

300 were pressed on orange vinyl by Nuclear Blast for the second pressing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its weird how big Graveyard have got. I live in Gothenburg, Sweden and work on Hisingen. Its an island, though you'd never know, also called devils island by some!!!

Mike said...

Very cool piece of information. I had no idea what Hisingen was! Thanks for commenting.