Monday, May 14, 2012

Devil Worship

Remember a few posts back, when I was talking about having no time to spend on Metal? Well, sometimes I have to make a move, or risk missing out as the limited colored vinyl sells out. It has happened a few times recently...I'd put off buying a Metal album, assuming that it would just be around for me to pick up when I was ready, and then I would see it start to show up as Out Of Stock in all the webstores and the price would jump on ebay.

So while I'm not listening to a ton of Metal right now, I still couldn't resist picking up Time To Repent from one of the new Doom revival bands, Devil. They play Doom Metal just as I like it...meaning that they keep things moving in the vein of Sabbath or Witchfinder General, but don't get bogged down in the sludge like Electric Wizard.

Nice gatefold packaging, with yellow vinyl for the second pressing.

No comments: