Monday, February 06, 2012

Not With The Majority

Some people collect Hardcore classics. They build collections of Brotherhood vinyl, others go with Turning Point or even Wide Awake. I love those bands, and every once in a while I'll commit myself to picking up one of those big purchases. Yet, most of the time I find myself more excited to pick up those records that most people could care less about. Yeah, you might have a copy of Bringing It Down on green vinyl, but I've got myself a copy of Reveal's 7 inch with the blue cover, and three copies of the Billingsgate 7 inch. That's right, you're all jealous.

My latest find in the Who Gives A Fuck of eBay searches was the Rage 7 inch from Majority Of One. I first heard the band with their tracks on the Voice Of The Voiceless comp, and their One Man 7 inch. As a 20 year old kid just getting into hardcore, I loved this band. The 2000 Years Of Indecision LP was total emo/post-hardcore shit, but man, in 1990 and 1991, Majority Of One were putting out some great Hardcore. The 99 cent price tag on this eBay win tells me that I may be alone with that opinion.

Sure this isn't as cool as the gold vinyl pressing. I'll have to keep my eyes open and try and pick up a copy of that as well.

5 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

Hmmm. Never a fan of this band. I may still have a copy about the 'think about tomorrow' LP on first strike if you're interested in some sort of trade or something.

Mike said...

That album is not their best stuff, but it is still better than 2000 years. I'd like a copy at some point, but I'm in no rush. I can probably pick it up for $2.00 on ebay at some point. ;)

Oldschoolslobberknocker said...

Good post dude.Sometimes you just have to pick stuff up and add things to the collection for yourself man. Best way really! And as you pointed out it's usually stuff you can pick up pretty cheap too.

mcs said...

It may or may not surprise you to know that I have a pretty good MOO collection. I always preferred Transcend though. I think Transcend holds up much better today too... as long as you have a 90s hat on.

Actually, I'm not sure that even makes sense...

Mike said...

It has been a long time since I've listened to Transcend...and I'm not even sure if I've ever heard their LP all the way through. I'll definitely need to revisit them and dig out their 7 inch that I own.