Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Still Raining

Another Rain On The Parade record...another tip from Marcus. This time around it is for my first vinyl copy of the When It Rains It Pours LP. Of course when this album was released back in 2000, I was stuck in CD Hell and never bought this on vinyl. To this day, I'm still making up for this mistake. Marcus sent me a message about this piece of vinyl on eBay, so I had no choice but to win it.

This copy was the pre-press/winter tour version with a special cover.

Even the record labels are unique to this pressing, as they identify it as the winter tour pressing, and state that it is limited to 300.

The back cover is a nice tribute to the early Dischord stuff.

Number 78 out of 300.

The back cover states that the record was sold for $8.00. "Why pay more"? I won't. My copy cost only $5.50.

6 comments:

mcs said...

On this occasion you are incorrect. This is pretty much the first ROTP record that i didn't point you towards. You found this yourself then sent me a message saying "look what i just won".

Mike said...

Oh man, you are correct! Look at how independent I'm getting with my ROTP vinyl. Growing up right before your eyes.

Anonymous said...

Not only are the labels unique to this pressing, it is actually the only pressing done. Besides this tour press, there never was a normal press done.

Mike said...

Wow, really? I thought for sure that I'd seen a regular press for this...maybe I'm imagining it.

Anonymous said...

Do a search on HYE?, you will only find the tour press. I can't find the story what is behind this anymore.

Mike said...

I really like this album. I think Full Speed Ahead is better, but I'd listen to this LP over the Body Bag EP.