Saturday, February 18, 2012

Flock of Night Birds

I love surprises, and one of the biggest surprises of 2011 was Night Birds. I'd heard the band's name thrown around for the past couple of years, but I'd never really put forth the effort to check them out. When I heard that they were releasing an LP on Grave Mistake, I figured that I'd download it and give it a chance. Much like the surprise of the album from Crusades, I could not believe how great Night Birds were.

The comparisons to Agent Orange are obvious with that great surf guitar sound, but I also hear a ton of Dead Kennedys influence with the guitar as well. This whole album is infectious as hell, and this band is getting tons of time in my playlists lately.

I was late to the party, so I missed out on the pre-order screened cover, and had to settle on the regular black vinyl. I believe that Grave Mistake is doing a second pressing of the album, so I hope they do some colored vinyl for this in the future.

While I was picking up the LP from Grave Mistake I also grabbed the two 7 inches that were available. The first 7 inch is from 2010, and this is the third pressing of the record, with the dark red logo sleeve.

The latest 7 inch, Midnight Movies, was released early last year. This band can do no wrong. Get into it.

1 comment:

Mark-Sandwell said...

Yeah great pair of records. Let's hope the repress is on colour.