Friday, February 17, 2012

Save Yourself

At the end of 2011, I kept seeing the band Saviours showing up on people's Top 10 lists for Metal. Even one of my favorite newer Metal bands, Orchid, was talking about how good the Death's Procession LP was. At that point I decided to download and check it out.

I gave the songs a couple spins, but it didn't really grab me. I had other stuff that I'd picked up recently, and I was more excited to listen to that, so I put Saviours aside. A month or so ago, I was flipping through the vinyl section at Bull Moose Music and saw a copy of the Death's Procession LP...it had a decent price tag on it, and a pretty sweet embossed cover, so I took the plunge and picked it up.

Overall, I think this album is a little disappointing. Some songs, like Crete'n and God's End, bash along at a nice quick pace and are really good. Other songs just seem to plod along, and become background noise. Maybe with repeated listens I'll warm up to this more, but right now, I don't know if I really want to bother.

Nice touch with the limited edition, hand numbered vinyl though.

No comments: