Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Trial Separation

A few months back, New Age started taking orders for the repress of Trial's Foundation 7 inch. Some people have received their order, but I'm still waiting for mine. In the meantime, I picked up two copies of the reissue that Panic Records did over the summer.

The Panic Records reissue combines both the Through The Darkest Days and Foundation EPs, and presses them onto one LP. I grabbed the purple and blue pressings, which are limited to 200 each.

I really enjoyed Trial back in the mid to late 90's, but as time went on, I forgot all about them. Prompted by their reunion and these reissues, I've started giving them a spin again, and I'm impressed with how well they have held up over time.

As a side note, the download for this LP contains a few songs that were not on the vinyl. Three covers...Crucified (Iron Cross), Potential Friends (Youth of Today) and Red Hot (Motley Crue). Now I don't really need to hear the Motley Crue cover again, but it would have been nice to include the other two songs on the Foundation side of this LP. They had plenty of room.

No comments: