Sunday, January 15, 2012

American Nightmare Demo

American Nightmare. I don't dig them nearly as much as a lot of people. They are pretty good, I guess, but I never really lost my mind over them. Fact: I've never even heard the We're Down Til We're Underground LP. The high point for me, with American Nightmare, was their first few recordings...the demo and first two EPs. I rarely listen to those records nowadays, but at the time of their release, I really liked them.

When I was in the Bridge Nine webstore a couple months ago, I saw that they had the vinyl pressing of the demo for sale. I only owned the cassette copy, so I figured that I'd pick up the record for the hell of it.

In fact, the major selling point for me was that it was pressed on "random" colored vinyl. The description on Bridge Nine stated that "no two records look the same". It sounded like a cool concept, so I ordered two copies just to see how they looked.

While they might not look exactly the same, the differences are pretty small. I wasn't impressed by the "random" colors. Big deal. I guess I'll put one copy into my pile of shit to throw up on eBay someday.

2 comments:

Dan Emery said...

If you're looking to get rid of one of those AN demos I'd gladly buy one from you!

mcs said...

Man, that made me laugh! 'No two records look the same' right above a picture of two 7"s that look exactly the same. Ha!