Tuesday, June 02, 2009

We Don't Care What You Say...


I was cruising around eBay last week, and stumbled upon a re-release of a couple of classic Overkill albums. Apparently Megaforce Records is re-issuing Overkill's debut LP, Feel The Fire, and their legendary Fuck You And Then Some compilation. Some eBay sellers had the Fuck You vinyl listed around $50...I found one that had it up for sale at $30, so I jumped on it. Before I had ever heard of D.O.A., and their original version of this anthem, I had Overkill...and the band made this song their own. Man, I remember owning this on cassette when it was first released in '87 or '88. My Dad found the cassette case, complete with the middle finger, in my room and tried very hard not to lose his cool...threatening me that if he ever saw it lying around again, it would go right in the trash. Cassettes suck, so my copy is probably now buried in my basement, and I've been looking to pick up an original vinyl pressing for the past couple of years. This limited edition pressing will have to do for now.


The packaging on this is pretty weak. Double LPs that are not packaged in a gatefold sleeve are always a disappointment. Plus this comes with no lyric sheet! What the hell?!? The original CD had photos and some other info...this should have the same. What this lacks in packaging, it makes up for in vinyl. Nice looking colored vinyl, with the B side of the second record etched with the middle finger. Nice touch. Plus this thing is pretty limited with only 500 made, and each one is hand numbered.


After I received my copy, I was checking around online and found some info about this released posted on Overkill's myspace blog. They say that this two album set has one black vinyl, and one orange/black colored vinyl. The one that I have definitely has some clear green mixed in with the black record. Not sure if the Overkill blog has the wrong info, or if this green and black mixture is very rare...either way, I'm glad that I finally own this on vinyl.

1 comment:

Lins87 said...

remember seeing these guys play in 88. Always loved "fuck you" as a song. Good band.