Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Justice For All

This post is pretty much centered around Justice. Ever since I picked up the bands Escapades LP from Youngblood back in 2007, I've had a difficult time getting into this band. The album started to grow on me, but after a few listens I kind of shelved it. Live and Learn was released last year, but I never had any interest in checking it out. After really getting into the band Loud and Clear, I decided to revisit the earlier Justice stuff. The only thing I had from them was the Elephant Skin LP that I picked up at the Planet Mental record release show, so I checked the band's myspace page to try and find some of their older songs. This was where I stumbled upon A Quiet Pain from the Live and Learn 12 inch. Wow...I was really impressed with this song. So impressed that I had to revisit Escapades, and to my surprise, I couldn't stop listening to it. That was the push I needed. I had to get the band's last 12 inch. I found that Six Feet Under Records had the gold vinyl pressing (limited to 300) in their webstore, and didn't hesitate to order it. It took a while, but I've finally become a fan of this band.

After Justice broke up, the band members stuck together, got a new singer, and created Rhythm to the Madness. The band has a sound similar to Best Wishes era Cro-Mags, as opposed to the Supertouch direction that Justice went to. I was first drawn to their Weltchmerz LP because of the great looking cover art. I checked out one of their songs...liked it, so I grabbed that from Six Feet Under as well.

The last Justice connection for this post is the Loud and Clear LP. Six Feet Under only had a few left of the black vinyl pressing in the webstore, so I grabbed this one before it was gone. 383 pressed.

I also ordered the True Colors CD, Focus on the Light. Six Feet Under sent me the black vinyl pressing instead. Not sure what happened, but I needed this pressing for the collection anyway, so I kept it. 355 pressed.

2 comments:

mcs said...

'Escapades' is a great record. I do think that Justice should have broken up after 'Elephant Skin' though and then got back together under a different name to play the Supertouch style. But yeah, I love all their records, great band. Catch a good video of them HERE - this was a show they played over here with Underdog three years ago (you might see me briefly enter the shot at 2 mins dead on if you keep your eyes open)

Pim said...

2.3.JUSTICE!

Their last show was amazing.