Friday, June 26, 2009

Learn To Take Care Of Your Records

This is the third part in my Rhode Island series of posts, with Verbal Assault beating Neutral Nation, 2 - 1. As I mentioned in my first Verbal Assault post, I've been itching to get some of their stuff on vinyl. Tiny Giants on colored vinyl was a good start, but I was very happy to pick up a copy of the Learn LP. I have no idea on how much this typically goes for, but $15 seems like a steal to me. Once again, I was surprised by how little value place in taking care of their records. The album cover is in great shape, but the vinyl itself was covered in greasy fingerprints. Jesus Christ, did you let your 5 year old kid play with this thing? Fingers should only touch the center label or the outer edge...it's common sense. In addition to the large amounts of DNA left on the vinyl, this arrived with no dust sleeve. What the hell are people thinking? How does one lose a dust sleeve? You take the album out, play it, and then put it back in the sleeve. Come on people, I know that it is a big responsibility but you've got to take care of this shit! Thankfully I had some record cleaner, and after a wash, the vinyl was looking nice and minty. Now I just need to place an order with bagsunlimited for some more dust sleeves. Don't worry, your Verbal Assault records will be safe in my hands.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Great record. I've owned this for years and only just found out a couple of months ago that it exists on red.

Looks like you're going to end up posting more than me this month. I think that might be a first. Gotta wonder though... does that mean your addiction is getting worse?

Mike said...

I was looking through the Radio Silence book, and it looks like there may be some cover variations for the Verbal Assault stuff. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them.

Man, things were out of control for a while. Everything came to a head with the ON pre-orders...I spent a lot of money that day. Time to let things cool down...for a few weeks anyway.