Monday, August 04, 2008

True Colors of Vinyl


Six Feet Under Records recently posted on the Livewire Records messageboard about a new Down to Nothing 7 inch that they were releasing. I'd never heard of the label, but man, I loved the last DTN record, so I hopped on their site to place my order. While I was there, I saw that the record label had also done the U.S. pressing of the True Colors album. Tyler had turned me on to this band and man, I have been loving the Focus on the Light album lately. This album doesn't break down any musical barriers, it is just solid straight edge hardcore, played with sincerity and passion. I ordered the album on orange vinyl, which was limited to 105 pressed. I'm seriously thinking of going back and ordering the other color of vinyl for this one.

The Down to Nothing 7 inch, Hem Hem, is a little strange....I'm not really sure what to make of it. The cover photo for the record is a pretty good indication that this is coming a little bit from left field. The first song is some pretty ripping hardcore, but the lyrics are so over the top ridiculous that I'm left scratching my head. The rest of the songs are just as odd...Crucifixion of the Bunghole (???). I'm really not sure what the purpose of this record is. Maybe I'm just on the outside of an inside joke. Only pressed on black vinyl, limited to 270.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

I've got that copy of the True Colors record too, i love the way that vinyl looks. I thought the tri-color vinyl they did for the other pressing was really cool, if i ever have a few extra bucks that's where it's going.

Anonymous said...

You should deff go pick up those other true colors records. I have all three and they look so sick. I have a complete TC collection though. Band rules too much.

Anonymous said...

You should deff go pick up those other true colors records. I have all three and they look so sick. I have a complete TC collection though. Band rules too much.