Sunday, March 27, 2022

Working Up A Sweat

At the start of the year, I was checking out the list of available preorders over at REVHQ. I saw the cover for the new Sweat record, Gotta Give It Up, and immediately I knew that it was something that I was going to have to check out.
The cover may look like it was lifted from Oliva Newton-John's single for her 80's hit, Physical, but this record rips with some solid hardcore punk. As soon as I checked out the video for Joke's On Me, I was sold. At times, Sweat sound like a female fronted Annihilation Time, especially when the band throw that guitar break in during Hit & Run. Sweat name drop Thin Lizzy as one of their influences, so the Annihilation Time sound kind of makes sense.
500 pressed on clear with the black swirl.
While I was picking up the new album, I saw that REVHQ also had the first 7 inch from Sweat available as well. Oh hell, I might as well buy one of those while I'm at it.
The 7 inch is a bit more straight forward compared to the album. Four songs in nine minutes, and they never let their foot off the gas.

No comments: