Thursday, April 18, 2024

Red Chunks

At some point last Fall, Marcus reached out to me with an eBay link for someone that had a copy of the Last Rights 7 inch on red vinyl for sale. It was no surprise that I hadn't heard anything about this colored vinyl pressing, but Marcus appeared to be stumped as well. We couldn't find any info anywhere online. Was it a legit TAANG release, or was it a boot? Well, for $15 I figured that I'd take the chance.
Turns out, TAANG is selling the record on Discogs, and have it listed as only 200 pressed on red, so it appears to be an official release. Surprisingly though, Discogs shows the selling history is at zero. None of these have sold through Discogs... and I'm one of three people listed as owning it there? Kind of weird for a classic hardcore record reissue that has been available for at least six months.
I love the Last Rights songs... a lot. Their entire output is some of the best Boston Hardcore, but the reality of me owning an original pressing of the Chunks 7 inch was very low. Sure, I've dropped $500 on original pressings for albums... but, man, to spend that for a two song 7 inch... I don't know. Seeing this colored vinyl version seemed like a good enough option to get something into my collection.

No comments: