Saturday, September 09, 2023

Overkill Fever

Overkill is always dependable. Twenty albums in, and this band just continues to be one of the best from the old guard that are still kicking around today. As soon as I heard that they had a new album, I knew that I was going to be picking it up and that it would most likely end up near the top of my list of favorite metal records for the year.
I've been a little slow to get to new releases this year, but once I started spinning the new Overkill album, Scorched, it quickly jumped into constant rotation. At first I was a bit hesitant about the song Fever, and it felt like a weak point in the album, but the more I listen to it, the more I like it. It is such a dark and brooding song, and Blitz's voice is so fucking perfect. It was definitely a grower for me, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorites from the record. Overkill can do no wrong.
The amber with green splatter was a bold choice, but I kind of like the look here. 1,000 pressed.

No comments: