Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Nostalgic For Enforcer

Ten years or so ago, the New Wave Of Traditional Metal was riding high, and near the top of it all was Enforcer. That band was melting faces all over the place, and I felt lucky to catch them on their From Beyond tour when they came through Massachusetts with Warbringer in 2016. By 2019, however, some fans turned on the band when they released their Zenith album. Enforcer were trying some new sounds and injecting a bit more melody, and while some people weren't having it, I still liked the record... although it does sit at the bottom of my album ranking for them and I could have done without the Regrets ballad. Enforcer felt the backlash and with the release of Nostalgia, and word from the band was that they were going to give the fans what they wanted with their new album this year.
I'm not going to lie, when I heard the first single for Nostalgia, my faith in this band was shook. It isn't a bad song, but for a record that was hailed as a return to form, I wanted them to come out of the gates storming, and the first single is a ballad? It did not inspire a lot of confidence. Still, I preordered the album, because it is fucking Enforcer and with their second single, Metal Supremacia, the band showed they could still bring the heat. Goddamn, that song fires me up and makes me hope they do another US tour because I would love to see this band again. Nostalgia is such a great record, and it is cool to see the band back and doing what they do best. You can bet that this record will be near the top of my favorites for 2023.
With the rainbow on the front cover, I took a chance on the multicolored splatter vinyl. As I expected, it didn't come out as nice as I'd hoped, but that's okay, it is still better than the metallic gold option. 800 pressed.

No comments: