Monday, July 05, 2021

Seventh Bootleg Of A Seventh Tour

Iron Maiden have a ridiculous number of live albums. Since reuniting and releasing Brave New World in 2000, Maiden have basically released a live album after each tour. When I picked up their latest for the Legacy Of The Beast tour, I found myself wondering how many times I'll actually listen to it before I die. Based on the number of live albums that Maiden have, and combined with how little time I actually spend with live albums, I'm guessing that if I listen to that thing five times it will be a surprise...yet, I can help but buy them when the band releases them. As if the number of official live albums weren't enough, here I am still hunting down live bootlegs.
This latest live bootleg from the Seventh Son tour brings my count up to eight for Maiden (nine if you count the live CD from the Piece Of Mind tour). Bootlegs these days look amazing and even if they sounded like shit, I'd still feel compelled to buy them based on the album artwork alone. The last few that I've picked up have ended up getting framed to hang on the wall because I love the look of them so much. This latest one may end up framed as well.
The sound quality for this live show in Indianapolis from 1988 is great for a bootleg. Such a cool selection of songs. While this tour did get an official release with the Maiden England '88 album, and that setlist is stronger with the inclusion of Still Life and Killers, this is still a cool live set to own. The bootleg quality makes it sound raw, and Bruce's between song banter is always entertaining.

No comments: