Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Dedicated To The Dedicated

Champion were a huge influence on me when it came to record collecting. To this day, Promises Kept remains one of my favorite Straight Edge records, and when I picked up a copy on vinyl back in 2005, it sent me down the rabbit hole of excess and avarice that I've yet to return from. When I heard that two cornerstones of Champion, Jim Hesketh and Aram Arslanian, had a new band, I was eager to check it out.

I didn't bother with the cassette release for the True Identity demo, so I was very happy to see that React! was doing a proper release on vinyl. These songs do not disappoint! It's exactly what I would want from these two guys. Now I just hope it lasts longer than a quick demo recording, and they give us some more.

250 pressed on both gold and black vinyl, for a total of 500 pressed through React!. Refuse Records also did a pressing on blue, that I'm hoping React! distributes at some point so that I don't have to dick around with overseas shipping.

No comments: