Wednesday, June 19, 2013

God Wills It

Back in April, Karl from The Gates Of Slumber posted on the band's Facebook page that he was looking to unload some of his TGOS vinyl collection to help pay expenses for an upcoming tour. I'm a sucker for buying records direct from a band, so I dropped him a line hoping to score a copy of either the Villain, Villain or Conqueror LPs. No luck. Apparently, Karl got hit with a bunch of orders and all he had left available was the Hymns Of Blood And Thunder LP and the God Wills It 12 inch.

By this point, I already had my heart set on buying something from him, and even though I couldn't get what I initially wanted, I couldn't just walk away empty handed, and took the opportunity to grab the band's 2005 EP.

Since the songs on this EP have been appeared on various other records over the years, this isn't really that essential. Still, as an early piece of history for The Gates Of Slumber, I'm quite happy to have this.

200 pressed on red vinyl.

No comments: