Sunday, June 17, 2012

Providing For A Wasteland

That tough Hardcore sound seems to be popular at the moment, as kids are jumping all over bands like Trapped Under Ice, Backtrack, and Fire & Ice. So it should be no surprise to see new bands coming along that are picking up that style as well. If Madball was Agnostic Front's kid brother, then Provider would play that role for Backtrack (without the literal family connection). Do you want more of the same? That is up to you, but Provider deliver with some no frills, straight up Hardcore with plenty of crunch.

I had a bit of a dilemma when I was placing my order with Life To Live for their newest release. I wanted the most limited pressing that was available for pre-orders, but I also wanted a copy with the regular cover art. I'm not looking to collect for this band, but still I ordered two copies.

The pre-order cover is a simple design of Charlie Brown getting the football yanked away by Lucy. Seems like a strange choice for the cover...I wonder if there is a story behind it.

Limited to 75 and hand numbered.

To avoid any confusion, both the record label and the cover are numbered.

The regular cover is far superior to the pre-order one, and was the reason why I needed to order two copies. Very well done, and it reminds me of Agnostic Front's Cause For Alarm cover art.

The violet colored vinyl looks great as well.


4 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

ordered this myself and got exactly the same colurs/versions.
Good record.

Across Your Face said...

I love this record! Out of life to live's 3 recent 7"s I rank them 1) Provider 2) Step Aside 3) Losin It... but something tells me you got them ranked in the opposite order :)

mindset said...

i love this record i have the number 23/75

mindset said...
This comment has been removed by the author.