Friday, November 18, 2011

Thirsty And Miserable

Over this past year, I've really started to appreciate and search out more and more Doom/Stoner bands. A couple months back I was on a big Doom kick, and I was discussing it with one of the guys at Newbury Comics. The topic of Wino and Saint Vitus came up, and I admitted that I really wasn't familiar with the man or the band. I caught a lot of shit for not being into one of the father's of the Doom sound.

In an effort to save face, I picked up the Saint Vitus 12 inch for their Thirsty and Miserable EP. I figured it was a safe place to start, since there are only three songs...and one of them is a Black Flag cover. Good stuff, and when the band picks up the pace of their songs, it is pretty impressive. I'm going to have to dig in deeper, and check out more from this band.

2 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

It's strange as I've been a fan of doom metal for years but have never really got into this band. I always keep meaning to check them out properly but never get round to it.

Mike said...

At least I'm not the only one!