Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ten Of Hearts

I wasn't planning on doing this post today. I've been working like mad, trying to clean up my backlog of vinyl, and update the blog. I'd reached 15 posts for the month, and I had figured that was enough. Today I got looking at the stack of new vinyl that I've received, and I figured that if I could get this post out of the way, then I could concentrate on only new 2011 releases for all of December. Here we go. 16 posts this month. This ties my personal best for the number of posts in a month.

Bridge Nine recently released the 7th pressing of Have Heart's The Things We Carry. The purple colored vinyl isn't as nice looking as the last few pressings, but hey, I'm not about to turn my nose up at another copy of this album.

I now have 10 copies of this album on vinyl. It may seem excessive, but it doesn't beat the 11 copies I have of Champion's Promises Kept. Come on, Bridge Nine, keep 'em coming.

I figured that for my 10th copy of this record, it was time for a family photo. I was working from home today, so on my lunch hour I pulled out all my Have Heart LP's. I would have needed a full day off to include all my Have Heart 7 inches for the photo as well, so instead I just stuck with the full length albums. Yes, I'm aware that I'm missing a couple pressings of the live LP, and a few of the second album. I've been so laid back recently when it comes to collecting Have Heart vinyl. After taking this picture, it motivates me to pick it back up again. We'll see what 2012 brings...

2 comments:

mcs said...

The photo of all the LPs is great. I have three versions of the HH 1st LP but have no motivation to get any more... although I really wish the first pressing was on the US vinyl like the red vinyl and colors that followed. I pretty much hate the look of the three colors I have - the horrible swirly brown and bluey green one. Ugh. But the gold and clear ones look especially cool.

Piesay said...

Gosh im jealous :p