Thursday, January 28, 2010

Police And Thieves On Blue Times Two

I rarely stay focused on building my record collection for one specific band. I'm continually sidetracked and distracted by other vinyl. I've tried to stay focused for both Fastbreak and Rain on the Parade, but ended my active pursuit after one record. Hell, I can't even seem to focus on getting my Have Heart collection finished. Because of this lack of focus, I'm surprised that I stuck with my plan to add some more Police and Thieves vinyl to the collection. After receiving the record release pressing from Marcus back in November, I made a half hearted promise to work on this collection. It didn't take me long to fulfill that promise with this recent eBay win. Hell, for $6.00, how could I resist?


This one is the blue vinyl press with the Youngblood Showcase stamp on the dust sleeve. Number 121 out of 150. Now I just need to get my hands on the green vinyl.


The funny thing is that after I won this off eBay, I ordered some records from Sean Youngblood. When he was shipping them out, he asked me if I wanted a free Police and Thieves record on colored vinyl. Not sure what he was sending, I told him that I would gladly take a copy. A few days later, the Showcase pressing that I had won on eBay arrives in my mailbox, followed shortly after with the same pressing from Sean. Ha! Now I've got two copies.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

I have a few versions of the 1st Police and Thieves 7" you might not have. I couldnt find any contact info so e-mail if you want to trade or buy them.

Dealinwithit@gmail.com