Sunday, January 03, 2010

2009 In Review

Holy shit. I bought a lot of music in 2009. I knew that I'd bought a lot of records and CDs over the year, but I didn't know just how much until I started checking my numbers at the end of the year. My final total was 379, up a full 100 pieces from 2008. It was interesting to see the numbers support my attempts to stop downloading music, as the number of burned CDs added to my collection was only 19, down from 75 last year. To compensate for years of downloading and burning CDs, I spent a lot of money replacing those old CDRs with the real deal. Last year, I bought 145 CDs, practically doubling my CD purchases from 2008. For vinyl, I added 94 LPs to my collection, which was actually a little less than last year. The biggest jump was for the number of 7 inches that I picked up over the year...120, compared to 38 the previous year. I even tried to calculate my total music expenses over the year, but I stopped calculating before I got to a total. I'm probably better off not knowing certain numbers.
2009 was an amazing year for new Hardcore releases. A ton of new Straight Edge bands came out of the woodwork, and I spent a ton of money trying to snatch up every pre-order that I saw. So here is my Top 10 Hardcore records for 2009.
2009 was a great year for Metal as well. Some old school bands put out some quality music, proving to be still relevant while some newer bands provided some competition for top spots in my Top 10 list for Metal.


4 comments:

Wade said...

i couldn't agree more about ur hardcore list. and i noticed ur inclusion of 3 inches of blood in the metal. their older stuff is def better.

Wade said...

but have u heard the the two albums before? much more metal and less rock.

Mike said...

Yeah, I've got all their stuff. Good band.

Chris said...

It may be blasphemy but I like Hordes of Chaos more than the Slayer album.