Sunday, January 24, 2010

Preparing For The Kill

With Overkill's 15th studio album, Ironbound, set to be released in a couple of weeks, and with the band celebrating the 25th anniversary of their first LP, Feel The Fire, I figured that it was time to finally pick up the reissue on colored vinyl from last year.

This has to be my favorite Overkill record...pure thrash brilliance. Man, this album is a killer. This one, along with their next three albums, should have secured their place in Big Four of thrash. I'm looking forward to seeing them play in Massachusetts this April with Evile and Warbringer for Killfest 2010.

Reissued on red and orange colored vinyl. Limited and hand numbered, 424 of 500 pressed.


While I'm glad that Megaforce and the band decided to reissue Feel The Fire on vinyl, I've got some problems with some of the packaging. I've got the original pressing, on the right above, and I'm not sure why they felt the need to mess with the original cover design. The new cover photo is just less crisp and clear.

I can live with changes on the front cover, but the back cover is a mess. Instead of the individual photos of the band members, they decided to just put a live shot on the back. This wouldn't be too bad, except that while Feel The Fire was originally released in 1985, the live photo was from their 1987 EP, Fuck You. Continuity issues bug me.

4 comments:

mindset said...

hi i m ok with you this album is amazing i selling this album in 85 on megaforce record at this time they toured with anthrax and agent steel on the metal hammer road show another great trash band is you want to e.mail me partuccimichel@yahoo.fr

mindset said...

hi mike i made for you different comment on your blog for the slayer carry on true colors follow through agnostic front look at this i am passionate for hard core i have 41 years old before hard core i heard all trash music i have have the revelation n°1 2 3 4 5 6 and i have a ton of cd and a lot of seven you have an amazing collection and your blog is too nice

Doug W said...

Now we are talking! Enough with the new youth crew records, let's thrash!!!
I have to agree no matter what the rerelease or the label, the covers are all fuzzed out. This includes Metallica records on WB!
Nothing like the originals for 80's thrash.
Now start blogging on Nuclear Assault! That was an amazing band!

Mike said...

Thanks for the kind words, mindset.

Doug, in the stuggle on deciding whether to buy youth crew or metal records, youth crew usually wins. But I'm not forgetting my roots in thrash!