Sunday, November 22, 2009

Amor Y Guerra De Un Amigo

A few month ago, Carlos from Police & Thieves sent me a message, looking for my email address. Apparently he has been reading the blog (Hi Carlos!), and in addition to sharing some kind words, he also wanted to let me know that they had some record release pressings of the Amor Y Guerra 7 inch available on their myspace page. I knew that I wanted one, but having already put myself in the red for the month with other record purchases, I put off buying it.
Then last week, I got a message from Marcus on Facebook, asking for my address again. He was buying a record for himself, and since it was only $7.00, he figured that he would buy one for me as well. Wait a minute, wasn't that Police & Thieves record release going for $7.00? The package arrived in the mail this past week, and confirmed that was what Marcus had bought. Such a nice gesture. Thank you Marcus.
The colorful Aztec design on the record release cover looks fantastic. I'm a sucker for cover variations, and this one is just a lot of fun. Plus this one comes with a different lyric sheet, and although it isn't shown in the picture, it comes hand stamped with P&T on the back.

Limited to 75, mine is number 22. Damn, I'm going to have to get off my ass at some point and try to find the other Youngblood pressings that I slept on when the record was originally released. Such a great record.

2 comments:

Alternate 1995 said...

This band is freakin great. I have a bunch of their stuff, and I got things on order from youngblood. Its taking forever. I guess he's waiting for my preorders to come in. I have no idea really.

mcs said...

Hey dude, looks good! Can't wait for mine to show up.