Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Get The Most

It has been a number of years since I've bought anything on Crucial Response Records. In the mid-90's, this record label was one of my favorites...I could always count on them to release some great positive straight edge hardcore. At some point I got away from what they were doing, but Get The Most was the band that got me interested again. They play that straight up, generic youth crew style of hardcore that still gets me Xing up my fists and fighting to get up front to sing along and stagedive. Damn, they are named after an Insted song, so how can you go wrong? I really owe it to Tyler for bringing this band to my attention.
I got this record through RevHQ. Black vinyl limited to 700 pressed. I'd love to get my hands on the green vinyl pressing or the record release cover at some point. Great stuff.

2 comments:

xroldx said...

This is indeed an awesome record,
to me it sounds like a mix of Carry On 'The Line Is Drawn' era and Insted.

By far one of the few straight edge bands I can actually get excited about today.

I heard they're planning on recording a new 7" for Crucial soon.

Tyler said...

Yeah they are Rold. I'm not sure when it's due to be released though. Maybe the summer.

I especially love the drumming on this record. I'm pretty sure it's Mark who does vocals for Go It Alone on drums. Whoever it is, some of the fills he uses are so awesome. The vocals are rad too.