Saturday, July 15, 2006

Think Fast Pre-orders

I got my Think Fast Records pre-orders the other day. First to arrive was the new Sick of it All record, Death to Tyrants. I already had the CD release, but I kind of have a half-ass collection of their albums on colored vinyl, so I picked it up. The yellow colored vinyl with the red splatter seems a little out of place for a Sick of it All record, but the new songs are still great. People love to hate on this band. Sure their stuff isn't as good as that first album, but they still put out quality hardcore music with sincerity and passion. They were one of the bands that got me into hardcore music with Blood, Sweat, and No Tears, and I have seen these guys live countless times, starting back when Paul and I would travel to Boston to see them at The Channel in the early 90's. I remember it was around the time that they released their single for We Stand Alone, and at some point the stage was just flooded with people...I looked up and Paul was standing their with the mic in his hand as the band broke into World Full of Hate. Saw them again in Boston a couple of years ago...it may have been Good Riddance opening up for them...anyway, there was a barrier between the crowd and the stage and it completely killed the energy in the room as most people just stood there for S.O.I.A.'s set. I was right up front screaming along...every word to every song. I remember Pete coming down on to the floor after the set, shaking my hand and thanking me for coming. I don't tend to 'hero worship', but it was a very cool moment for me.
The other Think Fast record that came in the mail was Outbreak's new album, 'Failure'. For this one the colored vinyl fits the band...green wax with clear spots. I was surprised that Bridge Nine wasn't putting out the vinyl for this one, since they are releasing the CD, but I guess that the singer for the band has some role in Think Fast, so he wanted to do the vinyl on his label. The album has really surprised me. I liked the older Outbreak stuff, but this thing is just amazing. Incredibly tight songs. I'm really impressed. I think my favorite song right now is Losing Streak. The tempo and the gang vocals on that are amazing.
Each of these was limited to 300 on colored vinyl.

No comments: