Friday, July 28, 2006

No Life 'Til Leather

Yeah baby, here is Motorhead's No Remorse double album compilation with the faux leather cover. As far as I know this is the only record made that is packaged within a leather cover. The entire packaging is amazing. The trademark Motorhead logo is stamped on the front cover with a metallic silver, while the back cover has the song titles stamped in the same fashion. The record sleeves are a nice thick paperboard displaying the song lyrics, including a quote from Lemmy on how each song came to be, plus lots of photos of the band, and then a great historical overview. Very well done. I saw it on eBay and took a chance, winning it for only $10. Turns out it was the Earmark Records 2004 vinyl re-issue, which sells for $35 retail. As much as I was hoping that it was the original 1984 Bronze Records pressing, I'm quite happy to pick up this copy for the price that I did. I have seen in some places online that this was limited to 1,000.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude
I love your site.

I have this Motorhead LP set but it's all messed up. The story goes that the night I bought it, I went out with some friends for a bro's birthday party. We drank giant frozen alcoholic drinks and in a drunken haze, everyone I was with signed one of the lp sleeve inserts. Why I had them do this, I have no idea. One of the dudes I was hanging out with got into a fight with another person in the club and the fight spilled out into the street. Somehow the LP fell and got a few scuff marks on the leather. When I got woke the following morning, I looked at the record and just shook my head in disgust. When everyone signed it, I neglected of course to remove the record and all the signatures went thru to the vinyl. Totally one of the dumbest things i've ever done with a cool record. I still have it among all my stuff.

Mike said...

ha ha ha...that's a great story, but what a waste of a record!