Sunday, July 12, 2015

Done Dying For A Test Press

A couple months ago, Marcus gave me a heads up that Workshed was selling test pressings of the upcoming Done Dying LP. I sat on this piece of news for a few days, internally debating if I wanted to spend the money or not. I'd been hit with a few big expenses this year, and with the thoughts of other home improvement projects dancing in my head, I knew that the wise move would be to walk away, and save my money. After sitting on this choice for three days, I figured that if Workshed still had the test press available, then I'd buy one. I was fairly certain that they would be gone by this point, so I was very surprised when the label emailed me back to let me know they still had some on hand. Hey...a man can only stay strong for so long, and I bought one.

If I'd seen the sleeve for this test as soon as they were available, I might not have waited so long before deciding to buy one. Great black and white design with hand written labels.

I loved the first two Done Dying 7 inches, and this LP continues down that same well worn path. Straight forward, no frills Hardcore is what Dan O and Mike Hartsfield do best.

Hand numbered out of 20 pressed. I was happy to receive number 9, which coincidentally is the same number I own for the Dress For Distress test.

No comments: