Friday, June 21, 2013

Vigilant Cruel Hand

Cruel Hand decided to jump ship from Bridge Nine a while back. The band had released two solid albums on the label, so I was kind of surprised when I heard that they were moving on. Maybe it was the string of of shitty New Found Glory and Lemuria records, and they didn't feel it was a good fit anymore...who knows? I was under the impression that the band was going to release their next record themselves, so it was a pleasant surprise when Triple B put up the latest preorder for their new 7 inch.

Given how great the art work was for the last two Cruel Hand albums, the cover for the Vigilant Citizen 7 inch has me thinking, "What the fuck is that?". Is that a collection of doodles from the margins of someone's High School notebook? Weird.

Just one I told myself, I don't need multiple copies, so when preorders went up, just one was all I bought. Black and white swirl (grey) colored vinyl was the more limited pressing at 300, so I was content to just grab that one.

Now typically, it takes me some time to warm up to Cruel Hand release, but with these two songs I was immediately loving them. Total ragers. When Cruel Hand posted on Facebook that they were selling some copies on white vinyl in their store, I couldn't resist buying a second copy.

The white vinyl that I got from Cruel Hand had a stamp on the dust sleeve. I'm going to have to assume that all 700 of the regular white vinyl press did not have this stamp, and that it was limited to the ones the band was selling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought my white copy from RevHQ and it had no stamp. They must have only been on the ones the band was selling, like you said.

Across Your Face said...

This has to be in top 3 for "Worst cover art" of the year. I absolutely HATE the cover for this!!