Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fifteen Months At Camp

In March of 2012, I sent payment to Camp Records for the pre-orders that they had posted for the debut Caught In A Crowd 7 inch. In September the label posted on Facebook that the records should begin shipping in a couple of weeks. In October, they stated that they should begin shipping that weekend. When January rolled around, and I still hadn't seen my order, I fired off a note to the label asking if mine had shipped. I got a quick reply that stated that most of them had gone out, but that he would make sure that mine went out that weekend. Still, no records arrived, but I'm a patient man, so I continued to wait. In March, the label again posted on Facebook, thanking everyone for their patience and that more records were shipping. Here we are in June...fifteen months after the pre-order went up, and the records finally landed in my mailbox.

Hey, he acknowledged that I'm awesome and threw in a couple of pins, so I guess it was worth the wait.

For those that don't know, Caught In A Crowd are a Straight Edge band out of Massachusetts. They have a new record coming out this year on REACT!, so you know they are on the verge of being huge. You've Lost is a great debut from a promising band. If I had this in my hands last year, my Best Of 2012 list may have looked different. I can't say enough good things about this record.

100 pressed on clear vinyl for pre-orders, and 500 pressed on black.

After I was repeatedly told that my records were shipping, and then have months go by without receiving them...I finally gave up. I broke down last month and bought a copy of the CIAC record through REV, and I was preparing to write a Camp Records Can Suck It post. Of course that was when my records finally arrived, leaving me with an extra copy on black vinyl. This whole thing has been a clusterfuck, but I'm glad that Camp finally came through in the end, and that I received my records.

1 comment:

Across Your Face said...

You're a nice guy. I shredded the label on mine, haha. Fifteen months = bullshit!