Saturday, June 09, 2012

Youngblood: Part 2 - Give and Police & Thieves

The second half of Youngblood's epic four record pre-order.

Just when I was starting to fall in love with Give, Youngblood posted pre-orders for the Flower Head 7 inch. Of course this was back in December, so I had to wait nearly 6 months to finally hear these songs. Yeah, I could have downloaded them for free on their bandcamp page, but I preferred to wait until I had the actual record. Who knew it was going to take so long?

120 on clear vinyl, 120 on orange, and 378 pressed on black.

Yes, I know that this collection is far from complete, but after finally adding the Flower Head 7 inch, I wanted to see all the vinyl laid out to appreciate the continuity of the cover designs.

While I picked up the record release/Youngblood Showcase pressing of the new Police & Thieves record back in December, I was looking forward to picking up the regular pressing as well. Seven great songs, capturing that DC/early Dag Nasty vibe. Such a great record.

195 pressed on white vinyl.

150 pressed on green.

My Police & Thieves collection has been slowly growing, and with the addition of the Fracturing album, I figured it was time to get a picture of my accomplishments.

4 comments:

Across Your Face said...

Even though its "far from complete", your GIVE collection is taking a big old dookie all over my GIVE collection haha! These Youngblood posts are making me seriously jealous :)

J@screamingforrecords said...

Both collections are awesome

mcs said...

Great label, great records, great photos.

One day I too hope to own these latest YB records...

Rick Smith said...

just saw this on ebay.. i thought i saw somewhere on here you where interested in picking up the alternate covers

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120930656544?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619