Friday, June 08, 2012

Youngblood: Part 1 - Straight Edge Hardcore

I recently received a huge order of vinyl from Youngblood. A total of 16 pieces of vinyl. The thought of trying to bang it all out in one post is overwhelming, so I'm going to break it down into manageable parts.

I'll start things off with two solid releases of Straight Edge Hardcore.

Face Reality represent the Michigan Straight Edge. They released a great record back in 2009 with Positive Change. This new record shows a lot of growth for the band. The songs are harder and are more mature lyrically. That said, I'll say I like the Positive Change record more. The Youngblood record is really good, but I prefer that young, fun vibe of the first one. Word is that a new record is in the works, so I'll be looking forward to see what the band does next.

Hey Sean Youngblood, what's the pressing info for these?

Just like Face Reality, it has been three years since the last No Tolerance release, but when you are in as many bands as Justin DeTorre, what can you do? Once this record starts, it does not fuck around. Just like the Boston Straight Edge EP, this thing just continues with its harsh, fast attack...throttling you from start to finish.

I love the b-side labels on this. Youngblood Straight Edge.

3 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

I'm still waiting for my order but seeing as you got your stuff-I'm confident it will turn up soon.

Across Your Face said...

How long ago did you order this stuff? It seems as if it's been OOP for a while. I was definitely sleeping on both of these, sadly :(

Mike said...

Hey man, I ordered when pre-orders went up in December. Finally emailed Youngblood a couple months ago, and he mentioned that he would send it right out. I've had the vinyl for about a month, and I'm only now getting around to posting.