Monday, June 04, 2012

Full Speed Ahead DC

I was outbid at the last second for the Brotherhood LP on pink. I got distracted and forgot to bid on the Fire & Ice Grim 7 inch on gold. Two big losses. I was feeling defeated, and I needed a good win to boost my spirits. Then I spotted an auction for the Rain On The Parade 7 inch with the DC cover, and I was a man on a mission. A desperate need to win, combined with rare records, are a dangerous combination. Thankfully, it appears as though the price of Rain On The Parade records have come down a bit over the past few years, and I was able to walk away from this one with out doing too much damage to my bank account.

For Rain On The Parade, there are a couple of records that you need if you want to make a run at a serious collection...one is the Redcheeks pressing of the Body Bag 7 inch, and the other is the pressing of Full Speed Ahead with the DC cover. One down, one to go.

I'm not sure what the occasion was for this special cover. The green vinyl is considered the record release version for their show on August 24, 1997, but the DC cover is dated August 3rd. A pre-record release sleeve?

Number 39 of 44...although I guess there are actually 45 of these things, as there was an extra one made up for number 88.


4 comments:

Across Your Face said...

I've recently had my connection "time out" at the last second and lost some very important records. I know how you feel.

Mike said...

It just makes me dangerously determined to win the next one!

J@screamingforrecords said...

'One down, one to go....' Oh no you've done it now Mike! I'll expect to be reading about some wallet busting purchase in the next few weeks then.

Mark-Sandwell said...

Nice score bro'. I wouldn't grumble if I managed to get my hands on one.