Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Twenty Years Too Late

The youth crew revival of the late 90's were some of my favorite years in the hardcore scene. There were so many great bands and I was having the time of my life at shows singing along and stagediving. If I was also collecting records at that time, it would have made things much easier down the road...instead, I was late to the game and now I try to catch up on what I missed when the mood strikes me.

I was recently killing some time in the Discogs Marketplace, when I recognized the name of a seller. Charlie Flexon played in bands like Count Me Out and Time Flies, and I've always wanted to grow my meager collection for both of those bands, so when I saw his name, I decided to check out what he had available. When I saw that he had the maroon pressing for the On Our Way album, I suddenly needed to get this thing into my collection. This record is so damn good, but before I laid down the $55 that Charlie was asking for it, I decided to quickly check if any other sellers had it available. Nice try dude. You almost had me. Saved almost $40 when I found another seller dumping their copy for a fraction of the price.

335 pressed on maroon vinyl, and I should have had this in my collection long ago. Happy to finally own a copy now.

2 comments:

mcs said...

It's nice to know that sometimes other people are slower than me.

Without even looking at prices on this I would have assumed that $55 was way over the top. I very much doubt there are more than a handful of people interested in this band in 2020.

Mike said...

Given that this was the only colored vinyl pressing and it has never been repressed, I thought that maybe people were paying around $40/$50 for this. Happy that I was wrong.